At your service…Jeffrey-Alan Bortz
I’m glad you could visit the AscentWorks Partners website. My name is Jeffrey-Alan Bortz, and I’m an ‘executive-to-executive’ consultant and the company’s Founder.
During my career as a finance and risk senior executive, I’ve led transformational change for over two decades in the areas of risk management, operational excellence, performance management, and strategic planning, within leading global corporations in London, Frankfurt, and Houston.
As a senior leader, I asserted a strong personal commitment to cultivating a mindset of continuous ‘ascent’; a dedication to quietly and relentlessly improving the company across all aspects of strategy, operations, finance, and risk management. (“Less home runs, and more base hits”, for those who favor baseball analogies.) An ‘ascent’ mindset made me excited to come to work, and I also found it to be contagious and motivating to my colleagues as well.
As a key organizational contributor, I found myself frequently at the center of crucial transformational programs and projects- either in a position of leadership, or in a position of trust as an ‘in-house advisor’. It was during these times that I gently discovered that I’d found my ‘happy place’ - that practical, impactful, and valuable advice from a subject-matter-expert - deeply committed to helping my enterprise succeed - was a game-changer at all the right moments.
Quality advice changes trajectories- and this is the kind of service I want to provide my clients through this practice.
So why choose me as your partner and advisor?
- I focus relentlessly on value for your organization and value for your money.
- I’m an intuitive listener, and advisor that will give you a (truly) balanced view.
- I thrive on building the capabilities, processes, and culture needed to produce world-class functional support, and on coaching teams to deliver a valuable and transparent service that enhances the bottom line- while reducing risks to delivery.
- My passion is to bring people together to understand what needs done, and to do it. I’ve led many strategically critical finance and risk projects and corporate planning initiatives, and I understand the pitfalls and keys to success in delivering successful outcomes- the first time around.
- And finally- ‘all hands on’ senior experience in the most challenging global corporate environments has been the greatest teacher of binding ‘practice’ with ‘aspiration’, and you should accept no substitute.
My formal studies were in economics and accounting at the undergraduate level, followed by a master’s degree in business administration. I’ve proudly served my country for several years overseas in the U.S. Army, and I remain committed to serving my community.
I live north of Houston, Texas with my wife of 30 years, Christine, and we’re the proud parents of Hannah; a Trinity University (San Antonio) graduate.